Stone-Hard Facts, Sturdy Mind and Body
In this day and age where dealing with stress becomes a daily struggle, it is important that we consciously get rid ourselves from negative energies. Our chakras may be invisible to the naked eye, but they hold energies that are essential for our mental and physical functioning.
Crystals have been used for healing way back from the ancient times. Romans used crystals in their everyday life. The word “crystal” itself came from the Greek word krustallos which means ice.
So what is crystal healing and how does it work?
- It is defined as an alternative healing technique that uses crystals and stones to cure ailments. Crystals are also used in protecting a person from disease.
- The current philosophy of crystal healing is based on traditional Asian concepts. The Chinese concept of Chi and Hindu and Buddhist’s concept of chakra points. Both are defined as life energies that are connected to the natural and supernatural elements of our body.
- The crystal healer places various crystals on specific areas of your body. They specifically align it with specific chakra points, depending on what symptoms you feel or healing you wish for. There are seven chakra points.
- The crown chakra is believed to be the highest chakra of all seven chakras. It could cause psychological problems if blocked and represents the person’s ability to complete his/her quest for spiritual connection.
- The third-eye chakra, also called the brow chakra, symbolizes one’s inner vision and intuition. Blockage may cause selective memory and lack of foresight.
- The throat chakra deals with the chakras of self-expression and communication. If blocked, it could cause problems in communicating thoughts and needs to other people.
- The heart chakra is considered the chakra for love, compassion, and inner peace. If blocked, it could cause lung and heart problems as well as the lack of compassion.
- The solar plexus chakra is concerned with your confidence and sense of control over your own life. Blockage could cause lack of self-worth, self-esteem, and lack of self-confidence.
- The sacral chakra is concerned with emotions. Its blockage may manifest in emotional problems and sexual guilt.
- The base or root chakra is concerned with your earthly grounding. Its blockage may cause survival issues.
- The crystal healer chooses a specific crystal with the same color of the problematic chakra. The crystals are placed in saltwater or covered with table salt. The crystal’s vibration frequencies realign your chakra and absorbs the negative energies from it.
- It can be done while you are lying down or the crystal healer could use a wand and focus the energy on your specific chakra that needs fixing.
Healing with Crystals. “Crystal Healing History.” Accessed May 12, 2017. http://www.crystalflame.com/crystal-healing-info/crystal-healing-history/.
Mind Body Green. “The 7 Chakras for Beginners.” Accessed May 12, 2017. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-91/The-7-Chakras-for-Beginners.html.
Holisticshop. “Beginners Guide to Crystals and Crystal Healing.” Accessed May 12, 2017. http://www.holisticshop.co.uk/articles/introduction-guide-crystals.